JAMES SNYDER | ATTORNEY
“Jimmy” is a Texas and Colorado licensed attorney experienced in business, personal injury, and complex litigation. He has extensive experience handling federal and state litigation all over Texas. Jimmy has represented national retailers, trucking companies, insurance companies, product manufacturers, and a broad spectrum of other clients.
Jimmy obtained his bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University and his law degree from the University of Denver. In law school, Jimmy worked for the Colorado Supreme Court, a federal district judge, and the legal department of Qwest Communications. He gained invaluable insight as to how courts and companies operate at the trial level all the way up to the supreme court; knowledge he uses to his client’s advantage.
Jimmy lives in Austin, Texas but considers Denver to be his second home. When he is not exploring the outdoors in Austin, Jimmy enjoys skiing, biking, running, and taking his dog Baxter out to the park. Jimmy is also an avid traveler and his lived throughout the U.S., South America, and Europe.
- Representation of clients in federal declaratory judgment actions concerning insurance coverage litigation.
- Representation of trucking and transportation clients throughout Texas and familiarity with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Representation of builders, architects, and general contractors in complex construction defect litigation.
- Representation of companies in personal injury disputes, including general liability and employee injury claims filed against employers who do not subscribe to the Texas workers’ compensation scheme.
- Representation of property owner in federal court concerning public easements, adverse possession, and title disputes.
University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- J.D., 2012
- Judicial Fellow to Justice Nancy Rice, Colorado Supreme Court
- Summer Law Clerk to Hon. Robert S. Blackburn, U.S. District for the District of Colorado
- Summer Law Clerk, Qwest Communications
- Student Attorney, Civil Litigation Clinic
- President, Latino Law Students Association
- B.A., 2008
- Double Major, Political Science and Spanish Literature and Culture
- Study Abroad, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina (2007)
- Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity, Scholarship Chair
Awards and Recognitions
- Full Academic Scholarship, Vanderbilt
- Harry W. Rabb Endowed Scholarship, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Association of Corporate Counsel- Colorado Chapter Scholarship, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- Colorado State Courts
- Texas State Courts